Backend Developer at Omhu
Did you know that skin issues are among the most common medical conditions?
They account for up to one third of all primary care consultations, and yet health systems today are struggling to maintain the necessary infrastructure to support patients with skin conditions - and the doctors treating them.
This is where we come in.
At Omhu, we want to ensure that patients get the help they need by realising the potential of digital health solutions. From reimagining the patient-doctor interaction, to creating smarter ways to diagnose and manage skin conditions, we have set out to transform skin health and improve access to quality care - but we need your help to do so.
The tech and the team
Our backend team consists of five backenders. Most of the work revolves around developing APIs and services for our products, but we also handle ETL for analysis by the Product team and for Machine Learning to train better models.
We currently have one backender focusing on DevOps and security while the four others work on building APIs and services for our products.
Our language of choice is Scala, and we use ZIO, Http4s, Caliban and Doobie. We lean towards the functional aspects of Scala and invest time in learning new technologies and techniques.
We run our solutions in AWS, and most of our infrastructure is set up using AWS CDK - again using Scala. Our database of choice is MySQL.
Are you our new colleague?
We want to expand our team with a backender who can help us build APIs and services.
Whether you’re a junior or senior developer, we’re looking for a colleague who...
- Has an interest and/or experience in functional programming
- Has the ability to move business needs into running code
- Has experience with SQL (joins, indexes, etc.)
- Has a collaborative mindset
- Is an effective learner who can take on new challenges as they arise
- Wants to use their development skills to build better support for people with skin conditions
- Is an EU resident
Knowing Scala isn’t a requirement, but you’ll definitely get a bonus point or two if you do - or if you have any knowledge of related languages like Haskell, OCaml, F#, Scheme etc.
At the end of the day, we’re looking for someone with the wits and go-to attitude to be able to get up to speed with the tech we use.
Join us to make a difference - stay for the culture
You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary and diverse workspace of more than 20 different nationalities where designers and developers work closely with doctors and data scientists (just to name a few).
We value a curious and creative mindset, which doesn’t only influence our way of working but has also fostered a strong social community.
Knowledge-sharing is caring, so we make sure to have guild meetings to explore which practices could be valuable for us to implement, and to delve into interesting topics and discussions. But the fun doesn’t end here. We also have themed Friday bars, “hygge coffees” to mingle across the organisation, weekly Counter-Strike, and an array of other activities organised by the colleagues themselves.
Other benefits include
- Pension contribution and premium health insurance.
- The opportunity to attend conferences and professional training.
- Flexible working hours and holidays. 5 extra days/year after being 9 months with us.
- Paid parental leave for moms and dads, so you spend valuable time with your loved ones.
- Lunch served by our own in-house chef.
- A variety of snacks and soft drinks available throughout the day when you’re feeling peckish.
- Whatever device setup you need as productivity base - and you can of course use your phone and laptop privately.
If the position has piqued your interest, please send your CV and motivational letter, and potential GitHub profile or portfolio to email@example.com with the subject “Backend Developer at Omhu”.
Deadline is 17. Nov. We’ll invite applicants in on a rolling basis. Please don't hesitate to contact Jacob.
Backend Team Manager
Omhu is Danish and means to act attentively, conscientiously, and with precision. Omhu is our standardAbout us