DevOps Developer at Omhu
Did you know that skin issues are among the most common medical conditions?
They account for up to one third of all primary care consultations, and yet health systems today are struggling to maintain the necessary infrastructure to support patients with skin conditions - and the doctors treating them.
This is where we come in.
At Omhu, we want to ensure that patients get the help they need by realising the potential of digital health solutions. From reimagining the patient-doctor interaction, to creating smarter ways to diagnose and manage skin conditions, we have set out to transform skin health and improve access to quality care - but we need your help to do so.
The tech and the team
Most of the work in the backend team revolves around developing APIs and services for our products, but the backend team also handles ETL for analysis by the Product team and for Machine Learning to train better models.
We run our solutions in AWS, and most of our infrastructure is set up using AWS CDK. We want reproducible infrastructure and to be able to describe infrastructure changes though code as much as possible.
Our language of choice is Scala and we use that to build our AWS CDK stacks. Just like our service stack, we use ZIO and the more functional aspects of Scala.
Are you our new colleague?
We want to expand our team with a backender/DevOps who can help us build and manage our infrastructure.
Whether you’re a junior or senior developer, we’re looking for a colleague who...
- Has an interest in the operational aspects of delivering systems
- Has an interest in security and reliability
- Likes to program and is able to describe scalable infrastructure as code
- Has an interest and/or experience in functional programming
- Has a collaborative mindset and can drive new features from start to completion by collaborating closely with ML engineers, frontend developers, and designers
- Is an effective learner who can take on new challenges as they arise
- Wants to use their development skills to build better support for people with skin conditions
- Is an EU resident
Knowing AWS is not a requirement, but you will definitely get a bonus point or two if you do - or if you have related operational experience. Knowledge of Scala is not a requirement, but definitely a plus - or if you have any knowledge of related languages like Haskell, OCaml, F#, Scheme etc.
Although this is a DevOps position, we don’t differentiate between backenders and DevOps. Both have to be able to pick up work in either area - we see it as a strength that development and operations go hand in hand.
At the end of the day, we’re looking for someone with the wits and go-to attitude to be able to get up to speed with the tech we use.
Join us to make a difference - stay for the culture
You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary and diverse workspace of more than 20 different nationalities where designers and developers work closely with doctors and data scientists (just to name a few).
We value a curious and creative mindset. This doesn’t only influence our way of working but has also fostered a strong social community with an array of activities organised by the colleagues themselves, which people can join as they please.
Knowledge-sharing is caring, so we make sure to have guild meetings to explore which practices could be valuable for us to implement, and to delve into interesting topics and discussions. But the fun doesn’t end here. To mingle across the organisation, we have themed Friday bars, “hygge coffees”, and a breakfast and cooking club. Other initiatives include beer tasting field trips, social work-outs such as yoga and running, weekly Counter-Strike, and ping pong.
If you have a hobby or experience you’d like to share with your colleagues, you’re of course more than welcome to introduce it to the mixer.
Other benefits include
- Pension contribution and premium health insurance.
- The opportunity to attend conferences and professional training.
- Flexible working hours and holidays. 5 extra days/year after being 9 months with us.
- Paid parental leave for moms and dads, so you spend valuable time with your loved ones.
- Lunch served by our own in-house chef.
- A variety of snacks and soft drinks available throughout the day when you’re feeling peckish.
- Whatever device setup you need as productivity base - and you can of course use your phone and laptop privately.
If the position has piqued your interest, please send your CV and motivational letter, and potential GitHub profile or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “DevOps Developer at Omhu”.
Deadline is 09. Jan. We’ll invite applicants in on a rolling basis. Please don't hesitate to contact Jacob.
Backend Team Manager
Omhu is Danish and means to act attentively, conscientiously, and with precision. Omhu is our standardAbout us